Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Day 3: On Being Monolingual and...More Naked Germans!

I will leave you in suspense no longer...The naked Germans of whom I speak can be found in the Hotel Maritem's spa room. Gloriously unashamed of their pudginess and general body defects...I actually quite like it. It's nice that people feel so free about their bodies. I went nude myself the other day. Ah, sweet freedom!

Monoligualism...

Most Europeans move so effortlessly among any number of languages, and here we are...Stu waves around money as if that will make language less a barrier, and I paste a big, ol' American smile on my face. For my part, I imagine I look fairly goofy, but I have a tremendous fear of being one of those Americans. Being equally aware of our reputation abroad at the moment, I'm going for the humble look. I don't know if this is the way to go, but I'm wingin' it!

Cheers for now.