Monday, March 23, 2009

Stress Baking. (Day 57)

At least it was healthy. Ish.

I could have done a little sorting, a little spring cleaning, a little prep work for the move, but I have decided to believe that I am NOT moving in three weeks. Nope. No way. I'm going to sit on this couch, watch CBeebies, and look for healthy Baby Momma muffin recipes for the Baby and his Momma.

Which brings me to this recipe for Morning Glory Muffins, with my substitutions:

2 cups all-purpose flour I used wholemeal
1 1/4 cups white sugar I cut this substantially, 1/2-3/4 cup
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins Didn't have, used dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil Natural applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple.
In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

They weren't bad. I thought they were delish with a bit of butter, and Ol liked them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE you are moving AGAIN and so soon!!!

Oh, and the muffins look good - have you tried making carrot, courgettes and hazelnut (I use almonds) ones? Yummy and great for toddlers not so keen on veggies!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home