Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Kringle is a sell out and public toilets are good things, why...?

Santa has decided to throw his weighty eggnog and chocolate cookie stuffed support behind Code Cigarettes. This should be of no real surprise to us as Santa has also sold out to Hallmark, Kmart, Walmart, and, well, frankly any large chain that can make him the BIG BUCKS.

But Code Cigarettes? I don't see this as a good thing, Mr. Kringle.

Although I am embarrassed to admit that I can't read the full sign, I'd like to think it says something to the effect,

"The character featured on this advertisement is purely fictional. Any resemblance to any person living or dead or mythical is purely coincidental and no similarity is intended or should be inferred...P.S. Santa does not support or condone cigarette smoking."

All kidding aside. For those of you who weren't around Sarajevo during the first wave of the Code advertising blitz, let me assure you that no one living here currently is unaware of this new brand of cancer sticks. So leave Santa out of it, huh?

Lastly.

Dear Sarajevo city planners or whomever is in charge of this abomination,

This public toilet skeeves me out to no end. It is an eyesore and must be removed forthwith.

Signed,

Concerned...and totally grossed out. Totally.


4 Comments:

Blogger m said...

it says: "Give me Code. Join the club." My Slavic languages are a bit rusty, but I think that's what it says.
:-)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I'm not sure which is worse...the toilet or the Santa endorsing cigs.

Hmmmm.

3:11 PM  
Blogger J. said...

I admit to lying a bit for comedic effect :) It does say, "Give me Code." Exactly how many languages do you speak, madam?

11:54 PM  
Blogger m said...

Many... But most of the time I plead total ignorance to confuse the natives.
:-)

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home