Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's a C-O-N-spiracy....

I am immediately dating myself there. I love you In Living Color.

So. The conspiracy. We are on Day 2 of absolutely no air conditioning in our room and are being slowly roasted alive by the relentless sun. Can't open the window because of the blasted highway below. Can't get comfortable. And the hotel staff refuses to admit that the building's air conditioning was turned of sometime in September. Granted, I have no proof of this, but I am willing to throw down a bet or two.

And, it seems as if all the Americans are staying on the side of the building where the mid-day sun does its absolute worst damage. Rooms 961, 761, 461...Hmm...Coincidence? I think not.

Conspiracy.

So, back to bigger, better, and more important cultural things. Between Ljubljana and Stuttgart, I bought 9 rings (photo forthcoming). My husband says this expense is both frivolous and unneccessary. If you agree, I can only say this:

Judge not lest ye be judged.

And I will also say this. Thanks to the fine Slovenian Sunday markets and the European equivalent of the $1 store, no ring cost more than 6 euros and most were, meh, only 2-3 euros. Can you say bargain? I can, and did. 9 times.

Oh, and the Modern Art Museum of Stuttgart was very nice indeed. (I just didn't shop for cheap-ass rings. Sheesh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home