Monday, October 10, 2005

The Lure of Cevapi

I'm not a strict vegetarian, not even loosely speaking, but I do try to avoid meat, poultry, etc...whenever possible.

Well, I've fallen off the proverbial wagon, if ever I was on the wagon. Beef, pork, veal, chicken is a part of life here. Frankly, if I was offered pork topping on my strawberry ice-cream, I wouldn't even be surprised. "Pork topping, you say? Yes, that sounds reasonable."

While Stu has failed to grasp the beauty of the cevapi, I have embraced it's greasy simplicity. It's cheap and filling, about $2 and you have a meal. Basically, it's a sausage filled pita with onions on the side. Some people like it with mustard, others with yogurt and cheese. However you make it, it's just yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home