Thursday, November 09, 2006

You know you're Bosnian when...

1. You see one of the hawkers at the outdoor markets throw open a suitcase of what is clearly new, used, and gently abused clothes and think, "Discount underpants!"

2. You buy these boots for 40 marks and think designer schmeiner. They're waterproof and fireproof. Who could ask for anything more?

3. Honestly, you can no longer tell the difference between well-made Italian cut boots and black market rip-offs.

4. And, frankly, you don't care.

5. You see a mannequin wearing a pair of the dreaded skinny pants and a cheap gold lamé belt with ruffles and you think,"I can see where they're going with this..."

6. And the only thing that stops you from buying said gold lamé belt is your lack of funds--all of which you burned through with the knock-off boots.

Holy Mary, Mother of God! Stop me before I spend again. If I keep going at this rate, I'm going to look like a hooker.

But don't make me give up the boots.

3 Comments:

Blogger m said...

nah, not like a hooker. You will look like a native!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Jul said...

Holy crap, I'm Bosnian and I never knew it until now...

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew a bosnian hooker could look so good.

PS. I like the boots. A lot.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home