Behold, the queen of random thoughts and procrastination...
1. I don't think I actually have the flu. I think I am one of those rare birds who develop flu like symptoms before the onset of my period. No, I am not crazy. It has dawned on me that this has happened, like clockwork, every month. The chills, the fatigue, the scratchy throat...It makes me wish for the good old days of back cramp and abdominal pain. Scouring the literature on herbal remedies, my liver, it turns out, may be wonky, so I need large doses of red raspberry leaf tea, tinctures of dandelion, echinacea, ginkgo, you name it. Does this happen to anyone else? What does a girl do?
2. Lying here with my flu-like symptoms, I revisited some old favorite movies. I just love All About Eve. How sinister was Ann Baxter? Bette Davis, what a diva.
3. Is anyone else as excited by the release of the final Harry Potter book as I am? Is anyone else re-reading Book 6 in eager anticipation? Is anyone else as much of a 30-year old dork?
4. I love feeling wanted. Although it causes me stress. I was just hired by this one company on a temporary contract, only to be offered an interview by my dream company--three days after I'm supposed to begin the temp job. Of course, I'm going to the interview for the dream job, but it doesn't mean I won't feel guilty kicking the other guys in the pants, if I'm offered the job, if I accept it. Also, what lie should I tell that would get me out of work on day 3 of job the first? Just what I need in my faux flu muddled mind.
5. Boy, nettle tea makes you pee a lot.
6. That's supposed to be a good thing, huh?
7. This better be flushing out my liver.