Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Red leicester is good and all but gouda is better.

I love sandwiches. And, now that I'm in my second trimester, I'm back to eating my sandwiches as I like them, with mayo and mustard and tomato and spinach and relish and onion and ham and...gouda.

But, martyr and non-food waster that I am, I decided to forgo the delightful slices of gouda in favor of the leicester that's been living in the fridge since last week.

I feel a finer person, really. And I'm glad that my baby, when he or she is born and able to read this blog/baby journal, will know that his (or her) mother values all food and will even forsake her precious gouda for leicester leftovers.

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned in all this, and, I'm sure if we all think hard enough, long enough enough, and creatively enough, we will find it, by gum.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both. But do you keep cheese in the fridge or do you allow it to reach room temperature before you eat it?

5:34 PM  
Blogger J. said...

Sadly, nope. I eats it when I wants it. And our fridge runs pretty cold. I clearly have no willpower.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home