Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Roadtrip, roadtrip! Wales here we come! Part One.

My first trimester is finished kicking my ass, and my second trimester is letting me get back to "normal," which means:

I can maintain a vertical position for more than an hour.

I can eat onions again.

I can stay awake for more than two hours.

I don't feel like dying.

These are all good things, as I like living. So, Stu and I thought we would push/celebrate our good fortune and take a roadtrip to Wales over the American Labor Day holiday. (So, yes, I realize these posts are late and backdated, but, hey, we are talking about the pregnant dead coming back to life. Throw us a bone here.)

The idea of leaving the house thrilled me with giddy excitement. Where would we go? What would we do?

Ultimately, we settled on North Wales, and we took a route that led us through Porthmadog, onto the Llyn Peninsula, to the towns of Criccieth, Nefyn, and Nant Gwrtheyrn. Then, we came back through the peninsula and stopped in at the scenic "town" of Portmeirion.

It was then I realized that we did indeed push our good fortune and that I was still pregnant and that my body required rest. I took many Rolaids and clutched my stomach as we drove back to England.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Onto Wales. Westward, ho!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home